MILL STREAM VILLAGE AMENITIES:
The Village is located across the street from the College of Saint Benedict and Saint Benedict’s Monastery; it is just a few miles from Saint John’s University. For a quarterly fee, you have access to the college fitness center facilities, pool, and walking track. Guest speakers and scholars offer public engagements, and many campus educational opportunities are open for attendance.
The Village and Town offer:
- Tree lined boulevards and sidewalks throughout downtown.
- Walkability to shops, restaurants, events, and services.
- Easy access to the nearby natural foods co-op, Centra Care clinic, a pharmacy, and college library.
The Cottages at Mill Stream
- One and two-bedroom rental patio homes of 700 to 865 square ft in an eight-home cluster, each home with its own private, covered front porch entrance; shared main entrance and resident Great Room. Garages available.
- These homes are for rent and include many of the beautiful features of our privately owned homes such as your own front entrance, walk-in shower, in-floor heat and high quality Andersen windows.
Includes utilities (long distance phone and cable additional), maintenance of all exterior and interior common areas including lawn care and snow removal.
1-bedroom with 1 Bath $1,300/month; 2 bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath $1,650/month. Includes utilities.
Garage stall available at $60/monthh.
These cottages are designed so individuals and couples can live privately and independently yet within the pleasure and security of a community.
Private home amenities in the Bronte, Shakespeare and Franklin Cottages.
- Custom lighting, paint, flooring, and fixtures selection by home owner if purchasing pre-construction.
- Single-level living with Universal Design features to faciliate easy living for all abilities. In-floor heat throughout home.
- Numerous, thoughtfully placed Andersen windows for natural light year round, with high ceilings of nine feet in homes. The Shakespeare and Bronte have ten foot ceilings in living room.
- Low maintenance cement board exterior with association management of grounds, landscaping and snow removal.
- Landscaped greenway trail and sidewalks leading to downtown St. Joseph, Monastery, and College. Landscaping plan with each home.
- Front porch and private outdoor back patio on each individual home.
- Storm Shelter.
- Granite bar top (or similar choice ) in kitchen; two baths in each home (full and half baths).
- Hardwood, ceramic tile and carpet flooring with in-floor heat.
- Finished garage with storage. The Shakespeare and Bronte include attached garages. The Franklin features a detached garage with storage.
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly building materials whenever possible; private garden space for residents who wish to maintain a garden.
Just a few of the optional amenities available in a custom-built Cottage:
- Gas fireplace; glassed and/or screened 3-season porch
- Full granite counters in kitchen and bathrooms (granite bar top standard).
- Built-in bookcase and work spaces; office, work shop, studio, or den.
- Walk-in bathtub or deep soaker tub.
- Custom storage cabinets and shelving in garage
- Your special options or desires
- Prices Subject to Change Without Notice -